A political ideology rooted in the ideas of Karl Marx which asserts the inherent intellectual contradictions at the heart of capitalism and market. Marx defines a heterodox reading of value based on philosophy and history and attempts to derive a new system in which price formation can occur without the existing superstructure of capitalism.
See also commodity fetishism and sign value.
- Beggs, Mike. n.d. ‘The Dumb Money’. Jacobin. Accessed 20 March 2022. https://jacobinmag.com/2018/04/bitcoin-cryptocurrency-monetary-system.
- Eich, Stefan. 2018. ‘The Currency of Politics’. The Political Theory of Money from Aristotle to Keynes.
- ———. n.d. ‘Crypto Won’t Solve Our Problems — We Need to Democratize Money’. Jacobin. Accessed 20 March 2022. https://jacobinmag.com/2022/02/cryptocurrency-democratize-monetary-policy-economics-banks-financial-system-bitcoin.
- Hart, Raven. n.d. ‘Cryptocurrency Is Bunk’. Accessed 20 March 2022. https://www.jacobinmag.com/2021/10/cryptocurrency-bitcoin-politics-treasury-central-bank-loans-monetary-policy.
- Henwood, David. n.d. ‘What’s Behind Bitcoin Mania?’ Jacobin. Accessed 20 March 2022. https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/12/bitcoin-price-crypto-currency-explainer.
- Howson, Peter. n.d. ‘No, Crypto Isn’t Helping Ukraine’. Jacobin. Accessed 20 March 2022. https://www.jacobinmag.com/2022/03/crypto-bitcoin-ukraine-russia-war-finance-funding.
- Silverman, Jacob. n.d. ‘Crypto Is Making Everything Worse’. Jacobin. Accessed 20 March 2022. https://jacobinmag.com/2022/03/cryptocurrency-bitcoin-speculative-asset-digitization-metaverse.
- Sohale Andrus Mortazvi. n.d. ‘Cryptocurrency Is a Giant Ponzi Scheme’. Jacobin. Accessed 20 March 2022. https://jacobinmag.com/2022/01/cryptocurrency-scam-blockchain-bitcoin-economy-decentralization.