- Being polished:
- Why? Look more professional, inviting to e.g. journalists, policy-makers, being an authoritative voice
- Cons: slows thing down (a lot), makes it harder for community to contribute
- Being more rough
- Eases contribution
- Have stuff public early is good (and pushes us to complete it - when you don't publish you can keep polishing forever)
Are there ways we can have both? e.g. allow contribution but flag articles which are finished & polished vs those which are draft still
Ans: publish early, publish often and accept being "rougher" though flagging what is polished and not.
- We want community contribution and that both necessitates some "rough and ready" material and that form encourages contribution
- Getting stuff out encourages us to polish and improve it
- The world is more open to "open source" approach - "not wearing a tie is ok"
- We can flag material as "polished" and "draft"